Once bought, it’s best to transfer your salt into a container that keeps your salt fresh and tasty.
Our Hinoki lid promises a natural, and long-lasting solution. Hinoki (Japanese Cypress) is a well-known sturdy and quality wood that requires no chemical coatings for protection, and is naturally water resistant to prevent salt clumps.
Our comfortable carry-handle will let you maneuver with one hand with ease when seasoning your traditional dish or salting a pot of boiling water (in a hurry!). With the attached flip-lid, you never have to accidentally lose it or leave the salt exposed to moisture and food debris. Its intricate design is completed by its ability to save space: stack our Hinoki saltbox! We promise: our saltbox’s perfect minimalist design will be a flattering addition for any home.
- Keep table salt, gourmet salts, sugar, or favorite seasonings free range in the kitchen and free of moisture in this fine Hinoki (Japanese Cypress) Saltbox.
- Artisanal Quality: All of our products are made in Mino, Japan, the region renowned for its high quality porcelain and ceramic manufacturing.
- Thoughtful Material: Made with Lead-Free, Cadmium Free ceramics.
- Reclaimed Hinoki Lid: Our lid is made with thinned scraps of Hinoki Wood.
- Easy Maneuvering: The flip-lid opens easily with just one hand for adding salt in a pinch while cooking.
- Spacious Container: Large enough to accommodate 2 cups of salt and fit all of your fingers to grasp the right amount of salt.
- Simple Care: Simply hand wash or wipe with a damp cloth.
- Earth-Friendly Packaging: Our packaging cushioning (loose fill) is mostly made out of recycled scrap paper from Japanese holiday cards and plant-based material. -Combustible: Does not emit toxic substances in the air when burnt. -Reduced Carbon Footprint: Equivalent to ⅕ of petroleum-based packaging. -RoHS: EU’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive Compliant -ELV: EU’s End-of Life Vehicles Directive Compliant
＊ This is Non-Airtight.
Size: 3.4” x 6” x 3.5”h (8.8x 15.2 x 9 cm h)
Capacity: 16.0 oz (473 cc)
Material & Care
Lid: Hinoki (Japanese cypress wood)
In 2018, BEE HOUSE has changed its brand name to ZERO JAPAN in the U.S
GO TO OTHER COLORS