Once bought, it’s best to transfer your salt into a container that keeps your salt fresh and tasty.
Our Hinoki lid promises a natural, and long-lasting solution. Hinoki (Japanese Cypress) is a well-known sturdy and quality wood that requires no chemical coatings for protection, and is naturally water resistant to prevent salt clumps.
Our comfortable carry-handle will let you maneuver with one hand with ease when seasoning your traditional dish or salting a pot of boiling water (in a hurry!). With the attached flip-lid, you never have to accidentally lose it or leave the salt exposed to moisture and food debris. Its intricate design is completed by its ability to save space: stack our Hinoki saltbox! We promise: our saltbox’s perfect minimalist design will be a flattering addition for any home.
- Keep table salt, gourmet salts, sugar, or favorite seasonings free range in the kitchen and free of moisture in this fine Hinoki (Japanese Cypress) Saltbox.
- Artisanal Quality: All of our products are made in Mino, Japan, the region renowned for its high quality porcelain and ceramic manufacturing.
- Thoughtful Material: Made with Lead-Free, Cadmium Free ceramics.
- Reclaimed Hinoki Lid: Our lid is made with thinned scraps of Hinoki Wood.
- Easy Maneuvering: The flip-lid opens easily with just one hand for adding salt in a pinch while cooking.
- Spacious Container: Large enough to accommodate 2 cups of salt and fit all of your fingers to grasp the right amount of salt.
- Simple Care: Simply hand wash or wipe with a damp cloth.
- Earth-Friendly Packaging: Our packaging cushioning (loose fill) is mostly made out of recycled scrap paper from Japanese holiday cards and plant-based material. -Combustible: Does not emit toxic substances in the air when burnt. -Reduced Carbon Footprint: Equivalent to ⅕ of petroleum-based packaging. -RoHS: EU’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive Compliant -ELV: EU’s End-of Life Vehicles Directive Compliant
＊ This is Non-Airtight.
Given that the lids are crafted from natural wood, they may alter slightly due to humidity changes. Thus, even if they fit perfectly at the time of shipment, as time goes by, there might be instances when the lids become a bit tight, too loose, or don’t align well with the body. By adjusting the screws on both sides — either loosening or tightening them — you can ensure a perfect fit.
Size: 3.4” x 6” x 3.5”h (8.8x 15.2 x 9 cm h)
Capacity: 16.0 oz (473 cc)
Material & Care
Lid: Hinoki (Japanese cypress wood)
In 2018, BEE HOUSE has changed its brand name to ZERO JAPAN in the U.S
GO TO OTHER COLORS